Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The food I've been eating

So as promised, I'm checking in a few weeks after my last post. University is stressful, but I've been doing my best to remain healthy. Immediately before I left I was 128 lb. I have not had access to a scale since, but my waist measurement is 25 inches still, so I don't feel any bigger.

I've been to the gym 6 times in the past 3 weeks. Not ideal. I'm trying to go 4-5 days a week now.

Now for the good part...

I've been eating really well here, and none of it to me seems blatantly "unhealthy". I can count the times I've had something "unhealthy" in the past few weeks: ice cream three times, one package of instant noodles, two muffins, a KitKat bar, and two brownies. As you can tell, I'm by no means "perfect" in my eating habits. However, backtrack to freshman year... I'd sometimes have two or three desserts a day at the dining hall. Not to mention chips, crackers, etc. in my dorm.

Here are some meals/snacks I've been making in the past three weeks!
  • Whole grain grilled cheese with mushrooms, tomatoes, and guacamole
  • Whole grain quesadilla with tomatoes and guacamole
  • Maple oatmeal with fresh blueberries and almonds
  • Lentil mushroom korma curry on rice
  • Quinoa pilaf with carrots, peas, green beans, mushrooms, and lima beans
  • Mixed vegetable and mushroom teriyaki stir fry on rice or rice noodles
  • Lentil, mushroom, cheddar, and red pepper whole grain wrap 
  • Greek yogurt with granola and berries
  • Gnocchi with low fat alfredo sauce or marinara and shredded mozzarella
  • Fruit salad with bananas, apples, kiwi, berries, and oranges
  • Apple with 100% natural peanut butter
  • Veggie burger with cheese, mushrooms, tomato, and guacamole

...and more to come!

I'm aware these aren't all super low-calorie meals, however, they fill me up, are tasty, and I know what's in them because I make them myself. I don't buy anything with tons of preservatives or weird ingredients. I feel like these are all fairly healthy choices over all, so I'm not going to obsess over the exact number of calories in each. It's the general idea that matters to me in the end.

Back to studying.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment