Thursday, December 13, 2012

The "weigh in"!

So remember how I said the first thing I was going to do when I got home was to step on the scale? I did...! I am now 123 lb. For some people that's still a lot, and trust me, my work is not complete, but it's huge progress from last year. When I got home in April, I was nearly 140, only a whisker away at about 138.5 lb. This means that in a bit less than 8 months, I've lost over 15 lb. For someone who was not overweight to begin with (although, obviously, unhealthy), I think it's a pretty good number to drop in that period of time. My goal is 118 lb. At the beginning of the summer that number seemed daunting but now I believe that by this April I can reach my goal. That'll be one year, 20 lb. dropped. Of course weight is merely a side issue, as my true goals lie in my overall health, happiness, well-being, mental-clarity, and fitness. And also measurements are more important to me than weight because that's what determines your visual size (aka I don't want to lose weight but still look big and puffy). Anyways, that's my holiday tidbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment